Saturday, May 7, 2011

Breakout Kings Session 3

Holy shit, it’s another D&D recap! Two in one week.  What the hell is going on?  Well, unlikely as you may be to read this, I am still going to explain.  It seems that Travizzt is going out of town for mother’s day (say d’awwwwwwwwwww and get it out of your system) and he decided to roll out the game earlier much to the pleasure of me, as you know I only have to read and roleplay I HAVE NO LIFE…well I do, it…you know what never mind onto the recap! After the Jump


So as we left last session our intrepid heroes were all in the city of Ority gathering information on Rizak (hey I got his name right finally!), and prophecies that might explain why we were here, because, well we don’t fucking have a clue.  Truthfully, I don’t think our DM does either (I kid I kid). We found three such prophecies:  one that had past already, one that involved a mad god named Cyric and his underling, and one other one that didn’t involve warriors from another realm (which about half of our group is). We also had information on Makaria, Raven, and a Magi known as Orleans, which lead us to leave for the north.  Before we ever got off to a good start, Energon pulled Syzran aside and asked him what his problem was with Qixoni.  To which he was rather nervous to tell (see my character bio below this post for more information as to why he hates Psychic and/or magic users).  All that would come out, was that his past head left him mentally scarred.  To which Energon responded, and I am paraphrasing here because there was quite a bit of repeating “Buck up and keep an eye on him, but follow my orders”, Syz being an old  hand at soldering told him, “I will I’m just telling you I won’t trust him, not outside of battle.  But because of our mission I will trust him, but I’m going to keep an eye on him”.  We all shopped for supplies and also gathered oil to make fire damage for the non fire wielders of the party, hey we’re about to face an ice dragon so….yeah fire…ice not a good combo

So, we headed for the north.  Before we got off to a good start, we were met by a young boy who was sent by the magus from the last session.  He told us that we might want to check the first tower we came across because that might be Orleans' tower.  To this we all, and I mean all, even the Barbarian (AND HIS CHESTPLATE), rolled insight.  To which the DM asked why? He’s a freaking child.  He only knows how to tell the truth; which isn’t always true but I digress.  We found he was telling the truth, and decided to follow his instruction.  So we made the trek off to the north (in which Yeoden kept dropping from the skype call SKYPE IS EVIL FOLKS).  On our way there, Energon our intrepid leader decided to talk about battle tactics.  I won’t recount everything that was said because, well, I might go off on tangents of my own. We finally reached the tower, but before we could enter we were met by a mysterious stranger in a dark cloak wearing a very dark skull like symbol with purple flames.  Well it might not have been purple. but I was sure picturing it as purple because well…isn’t that cool? Who told us that we might want to look into the underling as we were indeed in that prophecy.  He said this in a much more insane way.  As a matter of fact, I’m picturing the joker under his hood because he was laughing so much.  Shaken by this, but not disheartened, we approached the tower.

Werl (Yeoden), being the tank of the group,  took charge and opened the door.  He rolled perception and noticed a large foyer in this dark tower.  At the end of this foyer there was a light, and he could tell nothing else.  After staring a while into the darkness he heard weird noises emitting from the lighted room which became clearer as being Elven.  The phrase “is that you mistress? oh please be you I have missed you so” were followed by a small dragon fluttering in Werl’s view.  He quickly closed the door looking back at the party, before he could say anything an Iron Defender came to the door silently staring at him.  He said “Uh, we’re here with a delivery for Orleans” and held up the bag of leaves we got last session. The defender turned slowly and beckoned us in, as we got further in we noticed that it was only the small dragon and the iron defenders.  At this point, the female Changeling Din (Majinfox), took over and started speaking Draconic to the dragon, who insisted “Draconic is more fun”.  She found out that the Dragon was basically Orleans assistant, and his name was Nyu (pronounced New. Get it?) and that, yes, Orleans knew Rizak and he would visit many times.  The dragon found Rizak funny, Syzran isn’t completely sure why and as we found all this out Energon decided it was time to go.  Before we left, the DM had Q roll an Arcana check which he got a 19 on and that revealed a teleportation circle.  The bigger circles lead to three major cities (Mecca, Oritiy and Stonehold).  A set of outer circles that lead to specific locations within the major cities.  The only one we were overly concerned with was Mt Prior as that was where we were going.  After ascertaining that yes indeed this would lead us to Mt Prior without a long trek, and that we would need Orleans to get back to this place we decided to leave.  Before we could, Nyu hopped on Din’s shoulder.  Her spiritual tattoo pet reacted badly to that, so it was decided, while in transit, Nyu would be with Ella to the female drows delight.  Even I have to admit, out of character, this dragon is cute and kinda reminds me of that nervous kid you knew in school who spoke really, really fast. We ended up inside mount Prior, to which my automatic thought was to go and scout ahead.  So I rolled Stealth, which gave me an 18.  Because of my check being 13, I rolled a total of 31 and so I was like a ghost as I found out that the Kobold’s that we faced in the dream were in this cave.  It was at this moment that Syzran hit upon the idea of keeping the one in the center (whom I knew out of character was Spelock, but in character I had no clue) alive.  I can tell you right now my original idea was to try and trade Spelock for Orleans but by the end of the encounter that was moot.  The white dragon whom we faced in the dream spoke up. “Why is there blood in the air?  Who dares disturb Khekolak?” and that is where we ended the session, on a fucking cliffhanger.  I know a lot of us were ready to face the dragon but we broke there.


Even if it wasn’t the original game plan. I do think that it was a kind of exciting to end it there with our 
adventurers right against a dragon.  So tune in next time which will be not this Sunday but next


Ella's In Character Recap

No comments:

Post a Comment